NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- The New York State Court of Appeals upheld the decision to overturn a criminally negligent homicide conviction because New Rochelle police lied to Paul Aveni in an attempt to garner a confession, according to LoHud.com.
During the investigation of the drug overdose death of Aveni's girlfriend, Angela Camillo, a detective told Aveni that they needed to know what drugs she had ingested so doctors could treat her. Camillio had already died from the drug overdose at the time of the interrogation, LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 5 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway