NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle this week:
- A couple living in a top-floor apartment in New Rochelle had to jump from the building in order to escape a fire.
- New Rochelle Police are looking into a report of a home invasion robbery, that reportedly involved two men wearing ski masks and carrying a shotgun.
- Four New Rochelle residents remained displaced late on Monday afternoon, after an early morning fire tore through a Bayard Street home, razing half of it.
- Two Monroe College football players have been suspended from school after being arrested following a drive-by shooting.
- Single-family home prices in Westchester climbed 16.5 percent and sales increased 19.4 percent in the first quarter of 2014, compared with the same period in 2013, according to a report published Monday by the Hudson Gateway Association of Realtors.
- 1 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To New Rochelle
- 3 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 4 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College
- 5 'Out Of The Blue' Wows New Rochelle Commuters With Pop-Up Performance