WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Westchester County has canceled several programs scheduled for the weekend due to the snow storm, which the National Weather Service said could drop 10 to 14 inches Friday into Saturday.
The civil service exams scheduled for Saturday at the White Plains High School have been postponed to Feb. 16.
The Hudson River Eaglefest scheduled for Saturday has been postponed to Sunday and will take place from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., at Croton Point Park in Croton-on-Hudson.
All classes scheduled for Saturday at the Fire Training Center at the Department of Emergency Services in Valhalla are canceled.
To find out if there are any road or highway closures, incidents or speed restrictions throughout the county, visit 511NY.org.
If you lose power, report it directly to Con Edison by calling (800) 752-6633 or (800-75-CONED).
If you have a heat complaint call your local building department. A full list of phone numbers for local building and police departments can be found in the attachment below or online.
You can also sing-up for the county's emergency alert system.
Attached: (heatemergencynumbers_2010.pdf)Get Breaking News In Your Inbox
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 New Rochelle Native Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire, Philanthropist, Dies
- 3 Mariano Rivera Joins Celebs For WFAN, New Rochelle Charity Softball Game
- 4 Bramson: Another Step Forward In Downtown New Rochelle Development Process
- 5 Westchester Man Wins Millions In Lottery