NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- The College of New Rochelle will be hosting a career day for young women on Saturday, Feb. 1 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., at the Sweeny Student Center.
Designed to help young women explore career choices and understand the college experience, this free event will provide academic resources to female students in the region.
Participants will engage in an interactive exercise exploring their interests, followed by break-out sessions facilitated by College of New Rochelle faculty, focused on academic majors: nursing, science and math, human services, communication and fine arts. In separate and concurrent sessions, family members will learn about the academic experience, student life, the admission process and financial aid.
There will also be tours of The College of New Rochelle campus facilities including the Learning Resource Center for Nursing, classrooms, art studios, the library, Wellness Center and residence halls.
- 1 New Rochelle Childhood School Put On Lockdown After Gun Threat
- 2 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Mount Vernon Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 New Rochelle Schools Officials Discuss Ray Rice On NPR