NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle last week:
- Shadaviva Hall, 31, a New Rochelle woman is in trouble with the law after allegedly receiving more than $10,000 in illegal unemployment benefits.
- New Rochelle Schools Superintendent Brian G. Osborne had an op-ed piece featured on Huffington Post discussing the importance of technology in learning.
- Two New Rochelle High School students were among the 1,600 semifinalists chosen nationwide for the 2015 National Achievement Scholarship program honoring black scholars.
- A seven joint investigation ended with the identification of more than 60 individuals including New Rochelle residents suspected to be involved with drug trafficking in New Rochelle.
- Janay Rice, wife of former Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Rice, is speaking out on the now famous incident where she was allegedly knocked unconscious by her husband in an elevator.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.