BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- In the wake of the fatal Metro-North train derailment in the Bronx in December, Bronxville's Lawrence Hosptial performed an emergency preparedness exercise that simulated a similar incident.
During the drill, hospital staff, the Eastchester Fire Department, and the Eastchester Volunteer Ambulance Corps dealt with a scenario involving a two-car Metro-North train derailment.
Lawrence Hospital Center's staff tended to 23 individuals who were posing as victims.
"The recent rail tragedies and Superstorm Sandy prove that there is a need for preparing for disasters in all forms," John Martin, Lawrence Hospital Center safety and security director, said in a statement. "Drills, such as the one we had in May, help us hone our response to large-scale disasters."
- 1 Former Monroe College Standout Signs With New York Knicks
- 2 Man Shot Twice In New Rochelle Is In Serious Condition
- 3 Robbers On The Run After Heist At Pelham Manor Store
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway