BRONXVILLE, N.Y. -- In the wake of the fatal Metro-North train derailment in the Bronx in December, Bronxville's Lawrence Hosptial performed an emergency preparedness exercise that simulated a similar incident.
During the drill, hospital staff, the Eastchester Fire Department, and the Eastchester Volunteer Ambulance Corps dealt with a scenario involving a two-car Metro-North train derailment.
Lawrence Hospital Center's staff tended to 23 individuals who were posing as victims.
"The recent rail tragedies and Superstorm Sandy prove that there is a need for preparing for disasters in all forms," John Martin, Lawrence Hospital Center safety and security director, said in a statement. "Drills, such as the one we had in May, help us hone our response to large-scale disasters."
- 1 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95
- 2 New Rochelle Man Appointed To Head Veterans Services
- 3 Snow Could Return To New Rochelle For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 5 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents