SCARSDALE, N.Y. – The JCC of Mid-Westchester's Joining Creative Conversations will feature Daniel Lubetzky at part two of its series titled “An Entrepreneur’s Story in Business & Philanthropy” on Tuesday, June 10 at 7:30 p.m.
Lubetzky is founder and chief executive officer of KIND Healthy Snacks, and a promoter of social entrepreneurship.
Cheryl Strauss Einhorn, media consultant, award-winning journalist and adjunct professor at Columbia Business School, will lead the discussion.
Lubetzky, the son of a Holocaust survivor, will share his perspective on socially conscious business decision-making and making. He is the chairman of PeaceWorks Inc., which pursues both peace and profit through joint ventures among neighbors striving to coexist in conflict-ridden regions. Lubetzky has lectured at universities, the World Economic Forum, the World Bank and the United Nations. In 2009, TIME Magazine named him among 25 “pioneers” of social innovation and BusinessWeek named him among “America’s Most Promising Social Entrepreneurs.” In 2010, Entrepreneur Magazine selected him as Entrepreneur of the Year.
A portion of the proceeds from ticket sales will go to the JCC of Mid-Westchester Scholarship Fund, which provides educational and recreational opportunities for local children.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway
- 5 New Rochelle Police Investigating Overnight Gunshots