WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- County Executive Robert P. Astorino is joining the Westchester County Continuum of Care Partnership for the Homeless to announce the next "100 Day Challenge."
The challenge aims to house 75 homeless veterans and find employment for 45 of them in a 100-day period ending March 31, according to a release from the county. Astorino is set to make the announcement at 10 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 30, at the County Office Building at 148 Martine Ave. in White Plains.
"The new goal builds on the success of Westchester’s first 100 Day Challenge, during which time a county coalition of community partners came together to house 85 homeless veterans in 100 days as part of a national effort," representatives said.
Astorino will join more than a dozen community partners as well as formerly homeless veterans and housing advocates during the announcement.
- 1 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 2 New Rochelle Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Suspect In Theft Of Fur Coats From Greenwich Saks Nabbed In New Rochelle
- 4 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 5 Westchester Roadways Have Heavy Volume With Storm, Thanksgiving Approaching