NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle this week:
- Former New Rochelle High School star Ray Rice , an All-Pro running back for the NFL's Baltimore Ravens, was arrested after allegedly being involved in a physical altercation with his fiancee, Janay Palmer, in Atlantic City, N.J., according to a police report.
- A Chase bank in Pelham Manor was robbed at gunpoint by a masked man wielding a gun around noon on Tuesday, police officials said.
- The New York State Court of Appeals upheld the decision to overturn a criminally negligent homicide conviction because New Rochelle police lied to Paul Aveni in an attempt to garner a confession, according to LoHud.com.
- Monroe College will dedicate its newest dormitory, which will provide on-campus housing for 300 students, to James Gaddy , a former schools superintendent and principal at New Rochelle High School. He was also the first African-American to serve as principal in the district.
- Iona College's Hagan School of Business has opened a new analytics institute.