NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Rochelle this week:
- FBI officials arrested an 18-year-old suspect who is wanted in connection with a shooting and robbery of a New Rochelle Deli.
- A gas explosion destroyed a building in Harlem, killed at least eight people and shut down Metro-North service for hours.
- A man who leaped to his death from the Henry Hudson Bridge on Tuesday morning has been identified as 44-year-old Scarsdale resident Ivan Rodriguez. U.S. Senators Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) reacted to the death in a press release.
- Symone Darius, Ashley Wiggins and their teammates on the New Rochelle girls track 4 x 200 relay team have been among the nation’s swiftest teams during the entire indoor season. This weekend, they will look to prove they are the fastest in the nation.
- 1 IRS Warns New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 4 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck
- 5 New Rochelle Hosts Thanksgiving Parade, Pancake Breakfast