NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- New Rochelle High School graduate Juliana Leghorn recently received the Carleton Toni Award in the Arts from Carleton College.
The award is given to a Carleton College student “whose character reflects the values, devotion, and spirit of beloved teacher Antoinette 'Toni' Sostek,” representatives said in a press release. Leghorn, who is majoring in theater, will graduate in June. She will be recognized at an honors convocation on Friday, May 30.
In making their selection the award committee cited Leghorn’s “enthusiasm for [her] art… eagerness to progress… and joy in the learning process of life," according to the release.
"After a distinguished career in dance, including Broadway and national television, Toni Sostek joined her husband in the academic world, and spent 25 years as a dance instructor at Carleton before her passing in 1996. The annual Toni Award in the Arts is given to a student nominated by the faculty or staff," representatives said in the release.
- 1 Former NBA All-Star Anthony Mason Of New Rochelle Dies At 48
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 New Rochelle City Council Approves Parks Overhaul
- 4 New Rochelle Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits New Rochelle