NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- New Rochelle High School graduate Juliana Leghorn recently received the Carleton Toni Award in the Arts from Carleton College.
The award is given to a Carleton College student “whose character reflects the values, devotion, and spirit of beloved teacher Antoinette 'Toni' Sostek,” representatives said in a press release. Leghorn, who is majoring in theater, will graduate in June. She will be recognized at an honors convocation on Friday, May 30.
In making their selection the award committee cited Leghorn’s “enthusiasm for [her] art… eagerness to progress… and joy in the learning process of life," according to the release.
"After a distinguished career in dance, including Broadway and national television, Toni Sostek joined her husband in the academic world, and spent 25 years as a dance instructor at Carleton before her passing in 1996. The annual Toni Award in the Arts is given to a student nominated by the faculty or staff," representatives said in the release.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 'Black Lives Matter' Group Organizes March On New Rochelle City Hall
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Rochelle
- 4 Sen. Latimer's Rye Home Goes Into Foreclosure
- 5 NYPD Officers' Ambush-Style Killings Spark Outrage In Westchester