NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- New Rochelle High School graduate Juliana Leghorn recently received the Carleton Toni Award in the Arts from Carleton College.
The award is given to a Carleton College student “whose character reflects the values, devotion, and spirit of beloved teacher Antoinette 'Toni' Sostek,” representatives said in a press release. Leghorn, who is majoring in theater, will graduate in June. She will be recognized at an honors convocation on Friday, May 30.
In making their selection the award committee cited Leghorn’s “enthusiasm for [her] art… eagerness to progress… and joy in the learning process of life," according to the release.
"After a distinguished career in dance, including Broadway and national television, Toni Sostek joined her husband in the academic world, and spent 25 years as a dance instructor at Carleton before her passing in 1996. The annual Toni Award in the Arts is given to a student nominated by the faculty or staff," representatives said in the release.
- 1 It's A Girl: Westchester's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth
- 2 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 3 Metro-North Reports Rise In Crime
- 4 Ray Rice’s Claim Of Altered Tape Tops Week's News in New Rochelle
- 5 CDC Warns Respiratory Virus May Be Linked To Mysterious Paralysis