NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- The New Rochelle Public Library is advising residents that they will be replacing the elevator at the three-story facility, leaving it completely out of service until March, 2015.
The library staff has immediately instituted several measures to help mitigate the situation. A sampling of the most popular collections, including dvds, music cds and books on cds, will be moved from the third and second floor to the first floor, and a librarian will be stationed on the first floor to assist patrons.
Specific materials will also be retrieved from the upper floors for patrons unable to walk the stairs.
Instead of their normal book store hours, the Friends will have informal book sales in the library’s lobby on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., throughout each month, until the elevator replacement is completed.
Patrons experiencing any difficulties accessing materials or services as a result of the elevator situation may contact the Community Relations Office for assistance at 914-632-8254.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Rochelle; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Rochelle, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Man, 37, In Critical Condition After Hit-And-Run In New Rochelle
- 4 New Rochelle To Target, Eliminate Aggressive Panhandlers
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For New Rochelle