New Rochelle, N.Y. – The New Rochelle Council on the Arts (NRCA) will celebrate composer Billy Strayhorn during “Lush Life” on Thursday, Nov. 5, at Glen Island Harbour Club.
Guitar legend Bucky Pizzarelli and the Ed Laub Quartet will transform the club into a cabaret.
The Rhythm Stompers will perform a swing dance, and author Caroline Clarke will host the NRCA’s tribute to some of the artists who live in New Rochelle.
These are the honorees:
- Dramatic Arts: Frances Sternhagen and family
- Dance and Entertainment: Michael Armstrong
- Visual Arts: Charles Fazzino
- Writing and Art Cristicism: Christopher John Farley
- Community Champion: Kathryn Donovan Wiegand
The council will be celebrating its 40th anniversary as well as the centennial of Strayhorn’s birth.
Tickets are $160 per person.
To purchase tickets, or for more information, visit the NRCA’s Lush Life web page .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.