NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to New Rochelle’s Rob Reiner!
Reiner, who grew up in New Rochelle, turns 68 on Friday.
Rob Reiner, an actor, director, producer, and activist, was born March 6, 1947 in the Bronx.
As an actor, Reiner earned two Emmys in the 1970s for his role as Michael Stivic, son-in-law of Archie and Edith Bunker on "All in the Family."
Beginning in the 1980s, Reiner became known as a director of successful Hollywood films. Some of these films —"The Princess Bride," "Stand by Me," and "This Is Spinal Tap" — remain highly popular with fans.
Reiner has gone on to direct other critically and commercially successful films with his own company, Castle Rock Entertainment, such as "When Harry Met Sally," "Misery," and his most commercially successful work, "A Few Good Men."
- 1 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95
- 2 Snow Could Return To New Rochelle For Monday Morning Commute
- 3 New Rochelle Man Appointed To Head Veterans Services
- 4 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash In TV Interview
- 5 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents