NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to New Rochelle’s Rob Reiner!
Reiner, who grew up in New Rochelle, turns 67 on Thursday.
Rob Reiner, an actor, director, producer, and activist, was born March 6, 1947 in the Bronx.
As an actor, Reiner earned two Emmys in the 1970s for his role as Michael Stivic, son-in-law of Archie and Edith Bunker on "All in the Family."
Beginning in the 1980s, Reiner became known as a director of successful Hollywood films. Some of these films —"The Princess Bride," "Stand by Me," and "This Is Spinal Tap" — remain highly popular with fans.
Reiner has gone on to direct other critically and commercially successful films with his own company, Castle Rock Entertainment, such as "When Harry Met Sally," "Misery," and his most commercially successful work, "A Few Good Men."
- 1 Faulty Gas Line Closes New Rochelle High School Tuesday
- 2 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 3 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 4 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 5 John J. Imperioli, 78, Retired Captain, New Rochelle Fire Department