NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to New Rochelle’s Rob Reiner!
Reiner, who grew up in New Rochelle, turns 67 on Thursday.
Rob Reiner, an actor, director, producer, and activist, was born March 6, 1947 in the Bronx.
As an actor, Reiner earned two Emmys in the 1970s for his role as Michael Stivic, son-in-law of Archie and Edith Bunker on "All in the Family."
Beginning in the 1980s, Reiner became known as a director of successful Hollywood films. Some of these films —"The Princess Bride," "Stand by Me," and "This Is Spinal Tap" — remain highly popular with fans.
Reiner has gone on to direct other critically and commercially successful films with his own company, Castle Rock Entertainment, such as "When Harry Met Sally," "Misery," and his most commercially successful work, "A Few Good Men."
- 1 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 5 New Rochelle Approves Downtown Parking Overhaul