NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to New Rochelle’s Richard Joseph "Dick" Riordan.
Riordan, who was raised in New Rochelle, turns 84 on Thursday.
Riordan, the 39th mayor of Los Angeles, was born May 1, 1930, in New York City. He is a member of the Republican Party. Riordan's investment activities in the mid to late 1970s and early 1980s focused primarily on venture capital opportunities in the computer, medical and semiconductor sectors. In 1982, he co-founded, together with J. Christopher Lewis, a private equity firm which is now called Riordan, Lewis & Haden.
Riordan has played a role in City Council elections, becoming a major supporter of candidates Bill Rosendahl in 2005, Monica Rodriguez in 2007 and Adeena Bleich in 2009. In 2013, Riordan endorsed mayoral candidate Wendy Greuel. Greuel was ultimately defeated by then-Council member Eric Garcetti.
- 1 State Police Warn New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 5 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison