NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to New Rochelle’s Ray Rice!
Raymell Mourice Rice, who was born in New Rochelle, turns 27 on Wednesday.
Rice, a running back for the Baltimore Ravens of the National Football League (NFL), was born Jan. 22, 1987.
He played college football for Rutgers University, and was drafted by the Ravens in the second round of the 2008 NFL Draft. As of the 2013 season, he is ranked as the Ravens' second all-time leading rusher behind Jamal Lewis (7,801) with 5,940 yards, and also second in attempts (1,273). He is ranked second all-time for rushing touchdowns (37) and third for combined touchdowns (43) in Ravens history.
In October 2012, Rice became a partner and investor in premium sports drink BodyArmor SuperDrink. In December 2012, Rice became a partner and investor of the Sour Patch Kids Company. His face can be found on limited edition packaging that is now sold for more than $10,000.
- 1 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 2 New Rochelle City Council Expected To Approve Demolition Of Rowing Club
- 3 Opt-Out Debate Rages As State Testing Begins In Westchester
- 4 One Suspect Arrested, Two On The Loose In New Rochelle Robbery
- 5 Schools In Westchester Reporting High Test Opt-Out Rates