NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to New Rochelle’s Kevin Shattenkirk!
Kevin Shattenkirk, who grew up in New Rochelle, turns 25 on Wednesday.
Shattenkirk, an ice hockey player currently with the St. Louis Blues of the National Hockey League, was born Jan. 29, 1989, in Greenwich, Conn. and grew up in New Rochelle, N.Y.
He previously played for the Colorado Avalanche. Shattenkirk was born in Greenwich, Connecticut but
Shattenkirk first represented the U.S. in the 2006 World U-17 Hockey Challenge, helping collect silver. The following year, as captain of the Under-18 development program, Kevin was selected to the 2007 IIHF World U18 Championships. He again contributed to the U.S. winning silver, gaining selection to the All-Star Team and named the Tournaments Best Defenseman.
Shattenkirk was named to the U.S. national team for the 2009 World Junior Championships Serving as an alternate captain and with expectations of helping the U.S. to a medal.
On Jan. 1, 2014, Shattenkirk was named to the U.S. national team for the 2014 Winter Olympics along with St. Louis teammates David Backes and T.J. Oshie.
- 1 Faulty Gas Line Closes New Rochelle High School Tuesday
- 2 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 3 NY Amber Alert Issued For 5-Year-Old Forcibly Taken By Two Men
- 4 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 5 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes