NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to New Rochelle’s Kenneth Hartley Blanchard!
Kenneth Hartley Blanchard, who grew up in New Rochelle, turns 75 on Tuesday.
Blanchard, an author and management expert, was born May 6, 1939, in Orange, N.J. His book
The One Minute Manager" (co-authored with Spencer Johnson) has sold more than 13 million copies and has been translated into 37 languages. He has coauthored moire than 30 other best-selling books, including "Raving Fans: A Revolutionary Approach To Customer Service" (1993), "Leadership and the One Minute Manager: Increasing Effectiveness Through Situational Leadership" (1985) (in which he coined the term seagull manager), "Gung Ho! Turn On the People in Any Organization" (1997), "Whale Done! The Power of Positive Relationships" (2002) and "Leading at a Higher Level: Blanchard on Leadership and Creating High Performing Organizations" (2006).
Blanchard is the chief spiritual officer of The Ken Blanchard Companies, an international management training and consulting firm that he and his wife, Marjorie Blanchard, co-founded in 1979 in San Diego, California.
- 1 New Rochelle Millennial Runs For Library Trustee Seat
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 3 Shakespeare Meets Taylor Swift In New Rochelle 'Pop-Up' Performance
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Westchester Schools Reporting High Opt-Out Rates On State Math Tests