NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to New Rochelle’s Gary Thomas Scott!
Gary Thomas Scott, who was born in New Rochelle, turns 46 on Friday.
Scott, a former Major League Baseball third baseman in 1991 and 1992, was born Aug. 22, 1968. In each season, he was the Opening Day third baseman for the Chicago Cubs, but in each case he was back in the minor leagues within a few weeks. In 1991, he batted .165 until May 14, when the Cubs sent him down. On April 20, 1992 he was batting .103 when he managed to crack a grand slam at Wrigley Field.
He bounced around the minor leagues until 1996 before retiring. Scott played college baseball at Villanova University, and was named to the All-Tournament team after the 1989 Big East Conference Baseball Tournament.
- 1 Boil Water Advisory In Effect For New Rochelle
- 2 New Rochelle Actor Has Detective Role In NBC Series 'Aquarius'
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Grows, Report Says