NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to New Rochelle’s Edson Michael Buddle!
Edson Michael Buddle, who was born in New Rochelle, turns 33 on Wednesday.
Buddle, a soccer player, who plays for Colorado Rapids in the Major League Soccer, was born May 21, 1981.
Buddle began his career in North America in 2000 with the Long Island Rough Riders, who played in the A-League at that time. He then spent 2001–2010 in Major League Soccer, playing for the Columbus Crew, New York Red Bulls, Toronto FC, and Los Angeles Galaxy. After a one year stint with FC Ingolstadt 04 in Germany's 2. Bundesliga he returned to Los Angeles. Buddle has also played for the United States national team, including two appearances at the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
Some of his honors include the following:
Los Angeles Galaxy MVP: 2010.
Los Angeles Galaxy Golden Boot: 2010.
Los Angeles Galaxy Humanitarian of the Year: 2010.
MLS Player of the Month: August 2002, April 2010.
MLS Best XI: 2010.
- 1 IRS Warns New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 4 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck
- 5 New Rochelle Hosts Thanksgiving Parade, Pancake Breakfast