NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to New Rochelle’s Diane Farrell!
Diane Farrell, who was born in New Rochelle, turns 59 on Sunday.
Farrell, a politician who was the unsuccessful Democratic candidate for Connecticut's 4th congressional district in 2004 and 2006, was born Aug. 10, 1955. She was appointed by President George W. Bush to the board of directors of the Export Import Bank of the U.S. and confirmed by the U.S. Senate on Aug. 1, 2007 for a term ending on January 20, 2011.
Farrell is a former elementary school teacher who later worked in the advertising industry and first became engaged in school politics when her children entered the public schools in Westport, Conn. Prior to running for elective office, she attended the Women's Campaign School at Yale University.
Some of her awards include the following:
- 2004 Woodlands Coalition Environmental Gold Award.
- 2003 Upper Fairfield Country Distinguished Leadership Award from the Anti-Defamation League.
- 2003 Paul Harris Fellowship Award from Westport Sunrise Rotary.
- An award from the Leadership American Program.
- From the Foundation for Women's Resources.
- From the American Association of Advertising Agencies.
- From the University of Southern California Business School.
- 1 Boil Water Advisory In Effect For New Rochelle
- 2 New Rochelle Actor Has Detective Role In NBC Series 'Aquarius'
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Grows, Report Says