NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to New Rochelle’s Devon Hughes!
Devon Hughes, a long time New Rochelle resident, turns 42 on Friday.
Hughes, a professional wrestler, currently signed to Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, was born Aug. 1, 1972 in Brooklyn. He is best known for his appearances with Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW) and World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) as D-Von Dudley. After leaving WWE in 2005, Hughes signed with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA). Along with his tag team partner Bubba Ray Dudley, Hughes is one-half of the tag team Team 3D (formerly known as The Dudley Boyz).
Characterized by its unorthodox ring apparel and usage of tables in their matches, Team 3D is one of the most successful tag teams in the history of professional wrestling, recognized by TNA as 23-time world tag team champions. Including his two TNA Television Championship reigns, Hughes has held 25 major championships between TNA, WWE, ECW and New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW).
- 1 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Rochelle
- 4 Sony Pulls Movie; New Rochelle Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester