NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - Happy Birthday to New Rochelle’s David Starobin!
David Starobin, who lives in New Rochelle turns 62 on Friday. Starobin, born September 27, 1951, in New York City, is an American classical guitarist, record producer, composer, writer and film maker.
Starobin has headed guitar departments at Brooklyn College, Bennington College, the North Carolina School of the Arts, the State University of New York at Purchase, and, from 1993 to 2004, the Manhattan School of Music. He remains on the faculty at Manhattan School of Music (2013). He was appointed "Fondation Charidu Chair in Guitar Studies" at the Curtis Institute of Music.
Starobin was the first guitarist to have been awarded Lincoln Center's Avery Fisher Career Grant, in 1988. He was honored by Peabody Conservatory with its "Distinguished Alumni Award". Starobin was inducted into the Guitar Foundation of America's "Hall of Fame" and was given the GFA's "Artistic Achievement Award".
- 1 Faulty Gas Line Closes New Rochelle High School Tuesday
- 2 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 3 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 4 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 5 John J. Imperioli, 78, Retired Captain, New Rochelle Fire Department