NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to New Rochelle’s Craig Carton!
Craig Harris Carton, who was born in New Rochelle, turns 45 on Friday.
Carton, a radio personality, who currently co-hosts the "Boomer and Carton Show," on WFAN was born Jan. 31, 1969.
Carton began his broadcasting career in 1991 at WGR Radio in Buffalo, N.Y. He moved from Buffalo to WWWE in Cleveland, Ohio in 1992, and later to 610-WIP in Philadelphia. He was a brash weekend host known as "The Kid".
In late 2000, Carton became Scott Kaplan's replacement on WNEW's "Sports Guys" morning radio program in New York City. He was a "Sports Guy" for one year. Carton took the show in a new direction, adding stunts as an on-the-air cockfight and "Pastapalooza". Carton was also broadcasting live with Ensley on WNEW during the Sept, 11 terrorist attacks in 2001.
Talkers Magazine named him one of the top 100 Most Important and Influential Talk Show hosts in the U.S, for three straight years. PoliticsNJ.com named him the 9th-most politically influential personality in the State of New Jersey (2007). He won the Pulse of the People Award 4 times (2008, 2009, 2010, and 2013).
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 'Black Lives Matter' Group Organizes March On New Rochelle City Hall
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Rochelle
- 4 Sen. Latimer's Rye Home Goes Into Foreclosure
- 5 Ambush-Style Killings Of NYPD Officers Spark Outrage In Westchester