NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to New Rochelle’s Bud Cort!
Cort, who was born in New Rochelle, turns 67 on Sunday.
Bud Cort, a film and stage actor, writer and director, was born March 29, 1948. He was widely known for his portrayals of the suicide-obsessed Harold, in Hal Ashby's "Harold and Maude" and the title role in Robert Altman's 1970 film "Brewster McCloud." Both films have large cult followings today, .
Cort appeared in the short-lived 1972 play "Wise Child" by Simon Gray.
Cort has appeared in a number of film, stage and TV roles including "Endgame," "He Who Gets Slapped," "Sledge Hammer!," "The Chocolate War," "The Big Empty," "Theodore Rex," "Dogma," "But I'm A Cheerleader," "Pollock," :The Twilight Zone," "The Secret Diary of Sigmund Freud" and "The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou." Cort lent his voice to the computer in the movie "Electric Dreams."
- 1 New Rochelle Police Investigating Overnight Gunshots
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 5 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway