NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to New Rochelle’s Brian Slocum!
Slocum, who was born in New Rochelle, turns 33 on Thursday.
Brian John Slocum, a right-handed Major League Baseball pitcher, who is currently a free agent, was born March 27, 1981. In 2000, Slocum was named third-team freshman All-American by Baseball America and Louisville Slugger freshman All-America honorable mention at Villanova University. In 2002, he was rated the No. 1 prospect in Pennsylvania and 40th nationally entering the 2002 draft by Baseball America. He compiled a 10-7 record with a 3.31 ERA, 128 strikeouts, and 68 walks in 155 innings in 3 years at Villanova.
In 2003, Slocum was named a Carolina League top prospect with Kinston by Sportsticker and in 2004, he lead the Carolina League in wins (15) with Kinston and tied for the league lead in complete games (2) and shutouts (2). In November 2005, Cleveland added him to its 40-man roster. In 2006, Slocum made his major league debut at Kansas City on April 22.
A free agent after the 2008 season, Slocum signed with the Pittsburgh Pirates in December. He was released in July 2009.
- 1 IRS Warns New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Port Chester Accident
- 4 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck
- 5 New Rochelle Hosts Thanksgiving Parade, Pancake Breakfast