NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to New Rochelle’s Bernard Jean Étienne Arnault!
Arnault, a long time New Rochelle resident, turns 65 on Wednesday.
Bernard Jean Étienne Arnault, a French businessman and an art collector, was born March 5, 1949. He is the chairman and chief executive officer of LVMH since 1989. Arnault is a noted art collector, known for his contemporary collection, which includes pieces by Picasso, Yves Klein, Henry Moore and Andy Warhol. He was also instrumental in establishing LVMH as a major patron of Art in France.
He owned the art auction house Phillips de Pury & Company from 1999 to 2003 and bought out the first French auctioneer Tajan. In 2006, he created a Louis Vuitton foundation for contemporary art.
Some of his awards include the following:
- Commander of the French Legion of Honor (2007).
- Grand Officer of the French Legion of Honor (2011).
- Corporate Citizenship award from the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars (2011).
- Honorary Knight Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (2012).
- Museum of Modern Art’s David Rockefeller Award (2014).
- 1 Domestic Violence Charges Against New Rochelle's Ray Rice Dismissed
- 2 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 3 New York's Largest-Ever Heroin Seizure Nets Yonkers Suspect
- 4 Yonkers Police Locate Woman In Possible Abduction
- 5 Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Westchester Depositors