NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to New Rochelle’s Bernard Jean Étienne Arnault!
Arnault, a long time New Rochelle resident, turns 65 on Wednesday.
Bernard Jean Étienne Arnault, a French businessman and an art collector, was born March 5, 1949. He is the chairman and chief executive officer of LVMH since 1989. Arnault is a noted art collector, known for his contemporary collection, which includes pieces by Picasso, Yves Klein, Henry Moore and Andy Warhol. He was also instrumental in establishing LVMH as a major patron of Art in France.
He owned the art auction house Phillips de Pury & Company from 1999 to 2003 and bought out the first French auctioneer Tajan. In 2006, he created a Louis Vuitton foundation for contemporary art.
Some of his awards include the following:
- Commander of the French Legion of Honor (2007).
- Grand Officer of the French Legion of Honor (2011).
- Corporate Citizenship award from the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars (2011).
- Honorary Knight Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (2012).
- Museum of Modern Art’s David Rockefeller Award (2014).
- 1 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 3 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 4 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire