NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to New Rochelle’s Ben Yagoda!
Ben Yagoda, who grew up in New Rochelle, turns 60 on Saturday.
Yagoda, a writer and educator, was born Feb. 22, 1954.
He is a professor of journalism and English at the University of Delaware. He has been a freelance journalist for publications such as The New Leader, The New York Times, Newsweek, and Rolling Stone. He has published a number of books including About Town: The New Yorker and the World it Made.
Besides his work as a journalism and English professor at the University of Delaware, Yagoda also writes occasionally for a New York Times blog about the English language.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 State Police Warn New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 5 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison