NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to New Rochelle’s Adam Rosen!
Rosen, a native of New Rochelle, turns 30 on Saturday.
Adam Rosen, a luger who has competed since 2003, was born April 12, 1984. He finished 16th in the men's singles event at both the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin and the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver. Rosen's best finish at the FIL World Luge Championships was 24th in the men's singles event at Igls in 2007.
Rosen works for the New York Civil Air Patrol, earning a cadet senior master sergeant rank in 2001. He was named for his grandfather who served aboard the HMS Sussex for the Royal Navy during World War II. He also had the best ever result for a British Luge athlete when he finished in 6th Place at the Viessman Luge World Cup in Calgary, Canada during the 2008-2009 World Cup Season.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Rochelle; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Rochelle, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 New Rochelle Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Storm System Departs New Rochelle, Snow Could Return Thursday
- 5 FEMA Gives $4 Million To Repair New Rochelle's Glen Island Park