WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- With the anticipated snowstorm expected to arrive Thursday morning, White Plains Hospital's Dr. Erik Larsen provides tips to stay safe in snow and ice.
Some of Larsen's tips include:
- Be careful. There could be ice under the snow.
- Use a smaller shovel so you are not as easily able to overstrain muscles while shoveling.
- Be especially careful with the big piles of snow left by plows by the side of the road. That snow is much denser and harder to shovel and it is easy for people to overexert themselves when shoveling that type of heavy, icy snow.
In addition to these tips, Larsen also gives more advice here.
Visit to learn more.
- 1 New Rochelle's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Westchester Parishes Waiting On Word Of Closures
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So New Rochelle Must Prepare
- 5 New Rochelle Approves Downtown Parking Overhaul