WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- With the anticipated snowstorm expected to arrive Thursday morning, White Plains Hospital's Dr. Erik Larsen provides tips to stay safe in snow and ice.
Some of Larsen's tips include:
- Be careful. There could be ice under the snow.
- Use a smaller shovel so you are not as easily able to overstrain muscles while shoveling.
- Be especially careful with the big piles of snow left by plows by the side of the road. That snow is much denser and harder to shovel and it is easy for people to overexert themselves when shoveling that type of heavy, icy snow.
In addition to these tips, Larsen also gives more advice here.
Visit to learn more.
- 1 Snow Likely In New Rochelle On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 2 New Rochelle Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 4 Suspect In Theft Of Fur Coats From Greenwich Saks Nabbed In New Rochelle
- 5 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287