HARRISON, N.Y. - As she prepares to get her children ready for school, one Harrison mother stumbled across an article that really struck a nerve.
It seems that children in Virginia are legally prohibited to go back to school before Labor Day. And the reason, according to an article on the Washingtonian, is the theme park lobby.
The parks, according to the story, want to stay open a week later. No school equals more customers for places such as Kings Dominion and Busch Gardens.
You can read the whole story here.
Have you read anything online or seen a video that has stuck with you? Share it with your neighbors here by sending it to us at email@example.com.
- 1 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 New Rochelle Hosts Thanksgiving Parade, Pancake Breakfast
- 4 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill
- 5 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations