NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- More than 500 people showed up for the second annual Kite Day at Davenport Park in New Rochelle on Saturday, May 17.
This year featured kite flying and activities along with music by DJ Third Stone, food for sale from Beechmont Tavern, and a health and wellness expo.
"As evidenced by the response from more than 500 participants, we are proud to have produced such a wonderful family special event with our community partners and ushered in fantastic spring weather with colorful kites soaring above our majestic Davenport Park,” Parks and Recreation Commissioner Bill Zimmermann said in a statement.
- 1 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 2 New Rochelle Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Snow Likely In New Rochelle On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 4 Suspect In Theft Of Fur Coats From Greenwich Saks Nabbed In New Rochelle
- 5 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287