NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- More than 500 people showed up for the second annual Kite Day at Davenport Park in New Rochelle on Saturday, May 17.
This year featured kite flying and activities along with music by DJ Third Stone, food for sale from Beechmont Tavern, and a health and wellness expo.
"As evidenced by the response from more than 500 participants, we are proud to have produced such a wonderful family special event with our community partners and ushered in fantastic spring weather with colorful kites soaring above our majestic Davenport Park,” Parks and Recreation Commissioner Bill Zimmermann said in a statement.
- 1 Master Downtown Developers Will Visit New Rochelle
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Downtown Development Featured In New Rochelle State Of The City Speech
- 4 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 5 Getting To Know: New Rochelle's Lisa Summa, The Westchester Bank