NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- More than 500 people showed up for the second annual Kite Day at Davenport Park in New Rochelle on Saturday, May 17.
This year featured kite flying and activities along with music by DJ Third Stone, food for sale from Beechmont Tavern, and a health and wellness expo.
"As evidenced by the response from more than 500 participants, we are proud to have produced such a wonderful family special event with our community partners and ushered in fantastic spring weather with colorful kites soaring above our majestic Davenport Park,” Parks and Recreation Commissioner Bill Zimmermann said in a statement.
- 1 Man, 37, In Critical Condition After Hit-And-Run In New Rochelle
- 2 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Rochelle; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Rochelle, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 New Rochelle Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Storm System Departs New Rochelle, Snow Could Return Thursday