NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- More than 500 people showed up for the second annual Kite Day at Davenport Park in New Rochelle on Saturday, May 17.
This year featured kite flying and activities along with music by DJ Third Stone, food for sale from Beechmont Tavern, and a health and wellness expo.
"As evidenced by the response from more than 500 participants, we are proud to have produced such a wonderful family special event with our community partners and ushered in fantastic spring weather with colorful kites soaring above our majestic Davenport Park,” Parks and Recreation Commissioner Bill Zimmermann said in a statement.
- 1 New Rochelle Lockout Lifted As Police Investigate Shots Fired In Area
- 2 State Approves Controversial New Rochelle Group Home
- 3 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 4 New Rochelle High School Has Two Lockdowns After Reports Of Shots
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola