NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Senior citizens looking to stretch their food budgets this summer and fall may be entitled to discount Farmers Market Coupons that are valid at the New Rochelle Farmers Market and the Grand Market.
To be eligible, individuals must be 60 years of age or older and have a monthly income at or below $1,800/single, $2,426/couple or be 60 and older and currently receiving or eligible to receive SSI, public assistance or Section 8 housing subsidy.
The checkbook-style coupons will be distributed while supplies last through Tuesday, Sept. 30 at the Hugh Doyle Senior Center, 94 Davis Avenue, New Rochelle from 9:30-11:30 a.m. and 1:30-3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Proof of age and New Rochelle residency are required. Applicants must come in person to sign an affidavit. One set of coupons is available per eligible household.
The coupons are valid at the New Rochelle Farmers Market, at Huguenot Park every Friday, and at the Grand Market, Library Green every Saturday through summer and fall to Saturday, Nov. 15, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. or sellout. The markets feature a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables and specialty foods.
For more information on the Farmers Market Coupons call the Hugh Doyle Senior Center at 914-235-2363.
- 1 Rye High School Grad, 20, Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 3 Contractor Chosen For New Rochelle Rowing Club Demolition
- 4 New Rochelle Native Honors Mom At Pancreatic Cancer Research Walk
- 5 Investigation Is Under Way Into Death Of Rye High Grad Marisa Curlen, 20