WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Put some cheer into your holiday season - literally - with a host of festive cocktails created by Westchester County mixologists.
What follows are a few places to get the party started. Feel free to share your favorites in our Facebook comments.
- Alvin's Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cocktail, Alvin & Friends, New Rochelle: Have cereal pre-dinner -- at least an alcoholic fun version that takes you back to your childhood and holidays past. This one is made with Rumchata and Fireball Cinnamon Rum with a dusting of nutmeg and is ever-popular with restaurant Owner Alvin Clayton. Make Merry: 14 Memorial Hwy., (914) 654-6549.
- Rompope (Mexican Eggnog), Cantina Lobos, Pelham: Take a mental break South of the Border with Rompope, aka Mexican Eggnog made with blanched almonds, sugar, almond, cinnamon sticks, lemon, vanilla extract, baking soda, egg yolks, aged rum or aguardiente. Make Merry: 217 Wolfs Ln., (914) 380-8644.
- Kringle’s Kernels Growlers Beer Bistro, Tuckahoe: Kris Kringle would approve of his holiday charmer made with vanilla vodka, Butterscotch Schnapps, a shot of espresso (decaf or caf) and Black Button Bourbon Cream. The drink is made even better because the glass is rimmed with caramel and popcorn powder. Make Merry: 25 Main St., (914) 793-0608.
- Rosemary's Baby & Plumpelstiltskin, Madison Kitchen, Larchmont: Lots of options for those days when you've shopped till you've dropped or are just plain ready for some respite. Rosemary's Baby is made with citrus vodka, lychee liquor, house made rosemary simple syrup, pineapple juice, and a touch of grenadine for that get-you-in-the-mood holiday color. Plumpelstiltskin, on the other hand, has housemade black plum syrup, Woodford reserve bourbon, St Germaine, fresh lemon juice and lemon peel. Make Merry: 7 Madison Ave., (914) 732-3024.
- Christmas Cheer Cocktail, Mediterraneo of White Plains, White Plains: Pour on the merriment with this libation, made especially for the White Plains eatery. It's made with Grey Goose Pear Vodka, Orange Blossom water, sparkling wine, cranberry syrup, Pavan Orange liqueur, lemon juice, fresh cranberries, fresh ginger, lemon rind, mint leaves and nutmeg salt. Make Merry: 189 Main St., (914) 448-8800.
- Gingerbread White Russian, NoMa Social, New Rochelle: Gingerbread makes everything merry and bright. This cocktail is made with milk, vanilla vodka, Kahlúa, ginger beer and ground ginger with cinnamon and sugar for rimming the glass (or crushed gingerbread cookies) and whipped cream and gingerbread cookies or cinnamon to garnish. Make Merry: 1 Radisson Plaza, (914) 576-4141.
- Christmas Cosmo & Hanukah Highball, Plates, Larchmont: Staying true to both holidays, Plates offers a very red Christmas Cosmo made with vodka, cranberry, Cointreau, lime juice and a reindeer dash of Creme de Menthe, while the Hanukah cocktail -- blue, of course! -- is made with Blue Curacao, rum, and pineapple juice. Make Merry: 121 Myrtle Blvd., (914) 834-1244.
- Caramel Apple Martini, The Cookery, Dobbs Ferry: Toast the season with a mixture of Stoli salted caramel vodka infused with Salinger’s Farm apple cider and topped with cinnamon. Make Merry: 39 Chestnut St., (914) 305-2336.
- Christmas on the Hudson, RiverMarket Bar and Kitchen, Tarrytown: Emilio Ugarte has long been a master of mixology and this season, he's created a mixture sure to warm the cockles of your heart. The drink is a combo of Hudson Baby Bourbon Tuthilltown Distillery, Leopold Bros., New York Apple Flavored Whiskey, homemade spiced simple syrup, a dash of The Hudson Standard handcrafted ginger bitters, re-hydrated cranberries, ginger beer and an orange slice. Make Merry: 127 W Main St., (914) 631-3100.
- Gingerbread Martini, Quaker Hill Tavern, Chappaqua : Get your gingerbread fix - the adult kind -- with this cocktail concoction made with Baileys Irish Cream, Absolut Vanilla, Cinnamon Schnapps and Butterscotch Schnapps. Make Merry: 61 Bedford Rd., (914) 238-6416.
- White Christmas, Spice Christmas Sangria, & Peppermint Mint, The Quiet Man Public House, Peekskill: Cheers to the most wonderful–and booziest–time of the year. There are lots of choices to imbibe in here. Check out the White Christmas, made with Fireball Rumchata and a drop of Baileys. Or go for the Spice Christmas Sangria wit Fireball Rumchata, red wine and peach schnapps. For a minty diversion, the Peppermint Mint warms up taste buds with Tito's Vodka, and Peppermint Schnapps. It's rimmed with a candy cane for a festive touch. Lastly, for cold winter nights, there's the Quiet Man Hot Toddy made with Quiet Man whiskey, hot water, sugar cube and lemon wedge with fresh cloves. Make Merry: 15 N Division St., (914) 930-8230.
- Winter Cosmo, Vintage 1891, Larchmont: It's easy to forget your cares with this winter delight: orange vodka, creme de cassis, cranberry and fresh lime juice garnished with fresh cranberries. Make Merry: 2098 Boston Post Rd., (914) 834-9463.
- Candy Cane Cosmo, Villagio's, Hartsdale: Nothing says the holidays than the taste of candy canes. Pucker up to holiday sweetness with this vodka, peppermint schnapps, sugar-free cranberry juice and candy cane garnish concoction. Make Merry : 389 N Central Ave. (914) 949- 3427.