NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - With temperatures climbing, the New Rochelle Parks and Recreation Department closed all ponds and lakes to ice skaters Tuesday, just one day after it was announced they would be open.
Parks staff will update the status of ice skating on lakes and ponds following daily inspections. It is unlikely, however, that residents will be able to skate anytime in the next few days. Rain and temperatures hovering around 60 degrees are expected in the area Wednesday, according to The National Weather Service. Thursday should be sunny with a high near 45 degrees.
For more information or to check the status of ponds and lakes for skating, contact the New Rochelle Parks and Recreation Department at 654-2087.
- 1 Hutch Reopens After Overturned Vehicle Accident; Stop-And-Go Delays On I-95
- 2 Snow Could Return To New Rochelle For Monday Morning Commute
- 3 New Rochelle Man Appointed To Head Veterans Services
- 4 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 5 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents