NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. - With temperatures climbing, the New Rochelle Parks and Recreation Department closed all ponds and lakes to ice skaters Tuesday, just one day after it was announced they would be open.
Parks staff will update the status of ice skating on lakes and ponds following daily inspections. It is unlikely, however, that residents will be able to skate anytime in the next few days. Rain and temperatures hovering around 60 degrees are expected in the area Wednesday, according to The National Weather Service. Thursday should be sunny with a high near 45 degrees.
For more information or to check the status of ponds and lakes for skating, contact the New Rochelle Parks and Recreation Department at 654-2087.
- 1 New Rochelle Lockout Lifted As Police Investigate Shots Fired In Area
- 2 State Approves Controversial New Rochelle Group Home
- 3 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 4 New Rochelle Native Pleads Guilty For Role In Fatal Crash
- 5 New Rochelle High School Has Two Lockdowns After Reports Of Shots