NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – Dance performances and movie screenings for the whole family are part of the New Rochelle Public Library’s remaining events this summer.
On Monday, July 28, the Disney Summer Hit Parade series will feature “Napoleon and Samantha” at 6 p.m. The film starring Michael Douglas, Jodie Foster and Johnny Whitaker revolves around two children who find themselves in the care of a gentle and aging lion. After authorities threaten to split them up, the children embark on a journey across the wilds of the American Northwest.
The 92-minute movie will be projected on the big screen of the Ossie Davis Theater.
The series continues on Monday, Aug. 4, with the screening of the 1976 film “Gus” at 6 p.m.
On Tuesday, July 29, the International Music and Dance Series will feature Aszmara at 7 p.m. This renowned Oriental dancer and local belly dance instructor will perform various traditional Middle Eastern dances to the sounds of Armenian musicians Haig Manoukian on the oud, Souren Baronain on G-clarinet, and Mal Stein on dumbek.
Admission to this performance is free and limited to the capacity of the Ossie Davis Theater, on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 6:45 pm.
For more information about upcoming events at the New Rochelle Public Library, visit their website by clicking here.
- 1 Details Emerge, But Questions Remain In Harrison Double Murder-Suicide
- 2 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 3 State Police Warn New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation