NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Music and dance of the Middle East will be performed at 7 p.m., Tuesday, July 29 at the New Rochelle Public Library as part of the library’s 31st annual International Music and Dance series.
The library is located at 1 Library Plaza.
Aszmara, an internationally-renowned Oriental dancer and local belly dance instructor, will present a number of traditional dances with Middle Eastern origins. Armenian musicians Haig Manoukian on the oud, Souren Baronain on G-clarinet, and Mal Stein on dumbek, will perform the music for the fully costumed dances, as well as selections of Armenian, Turkish and Arabic traditional and folkloric music.
The program is geared to families and individuals of all ages.
Admission is free and limited to the capacity of the Ossie Davis Theater, on a first-come, first-served basis, beginning at 6:45 p.m.
- 1 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In New Rochelle; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward New Rochelle, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Man, 37, In Critical Condition After Hit-And-Run In New Rochelle
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For New Rochelle
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow