NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Music and dance of the Middle East will be performed at 7 p.m., Tuesday, July 29 at the New Rochelle Public Library as part of the library’s 31st annual International Music and Dance series.
The library is located at 1 Library Plaza.
Aszmara, an internationally-renowned Oriental dancer and local belly dance instructor, will present a number of traditional dances with Middle Eastern origins. Armenian musicians Haig Manoukian on the oud, Souren Baronain on G-clarinet, and Mal Stein on dumbek, will perform the music for the fully costumed dances, as well as selections of Armenian, Turkish and Arabic traditional and folkloric music.
The program is geared to families and individuals of all ages.
Admission is free and limited to the capacity of the Ossie Davis Theater, on a first-come, first-served basis, beginning at 6:45 p.m.
- 1 IRS Warns New Rochelle Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 3 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 4 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck
- 5 New Rochelle Hosts Thanksgiving Parade, Pancake Breakfast