NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Music and dance of the Middle East will be performed at 7 p.m., Tuesday, July 29 at the New Rochelle Public Library as part of the library’s 31st annual International Music and Dance series.
The library is located at 1 Library Plaza.
Aszmara, an internationally-renowned Oriental dancer and local belly dance instructor, will present a number of traditional dances with Middle Eastern origins. Armenian musicians Haig Manoukian on the oud, Souren Baronain on G-clarinet, and Mal Stein on dumbek, will perform the music for the fully costumed dances, as well as selections of Armenian, Turkish and Arabic traditional and folkloric music.
The program is geared to families and individuals of all ages.
Admission is free and limited to the capacity of the Ossie Davis Theater, on a first-come, first-served basis, beginning at 6:45 p.m.
- 1 Master Downtown Developers Will Visit New Rochelle
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 WABC-TV Reporter Lisa Colagrossi Of Stamford Dies At 49
- 4 Downtown Development Featured In New Rochelle State Of The City Speech
- 5 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43