NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- The New Rochelle Public Library will kick off the first week of summer activities with a variety of free programs for all ages, in addition to workshops and classes for pre-kindergarten, elementary, middle and high school students.
Below is a list of highlights for the week of Monday, July 14:
- Monday, July 14, 6-7 p.m.: The Family Disney Summer Hit Parade series continues with the 1971 live-action film, "The Million Dollar Duck." The film is appropriate for all ages and will be shown on the big screen of the air-conditioned Ossie Davis Theater.
- Wednesday, July 16, 10:30-11:30 a.m.: A Live Show for the Younger Set will feature one of the area’s most popular children’s entertainers, Zev Haber. The show of music, movement and silliness will be held for children ages 2-6 years and their parents or caregivers. From 2-3 p.m., a naturalist with the Sheldrake Environmental Center will introduce wonderful living things found in backyards. The hands-on program is appropriate for children in grades K-6. Immediately following, a science educator for United Water Co. will be on hand to reveal the mysteries behind the water we use each day.
- Friday, July 18, the American Red Cross will conduct a blood drive from 3-8 p.m., in the library’s Ossie Davis Theater and Meeting Room. Donors may register in advance (800-REDCROSS) or simply drop in.
- Saturday, July 19, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Container Gardening Workshops continue, with farmer Ruby Olisemeka leading participants of all ages in growing bountiful gardens – without a garden. The six-session workshop will show how most vegetables can be grown in simple, inexpensive containers by adding soil, seeds, water and light.
- 1 Domestic Violence Charges Against New Rochelle's Ray Rice Dismissed
- 2 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 3 New York's Largest-Ever Heroin Seizure Nets Yonkers Suspect
- 4 Yonkers Police Locate Woman In Possible Abduction
- 5 Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Westchester Depositors