NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- The New Rochelle Public Library will host "Stories From the Heart" on Saturday, May 17.
The program, which begins at 3 p.m. in the Ossie Davis Theater of the New Rochelle Public Library, is a performance of vignettes based on personal memoirs, according to a press release. The free program is a culmination of “Life Stories” workshops held at the library over the past two months.
"Actress and instructor Annie Montgomery has guided participants 55 years and older in this engaging exploration, which has resulted in the gathering of poignant personal stories that are sometimes humorous, sometimes deeply moving – and always from the heart," representatives said in the release.
Following the performance, the 12 storytellers will be celebrated in a public reception. Handmade memoir books created by the participants, under the guidance of guest artist Sally Hagy-Boyer, will be on exhibit.
The New Rochelle Public Library and Huguenot Children's Library will be closed on Sunday, May 25, and Monday, May 26, in observance of Memorial Day.
- 1 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown
- 2 New Rochelle Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Suspect In Theft Of Fur Coats From Greenwich Saks Nabbed In New Rochelle
- 4 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 5 Westchester Roadways Have Heavy Volume With Storm, Thanksgiving Approaching