NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- The New Rochelle Public Library and the Huguenot Children's Library are offering free programs for children during the February school break.
The free activities are made possible by the Friends of the New Rochelle Public Library and the Partnership for the Huguenot Children’s Library. All of the programs are on a first-come, first-served basis to the capacity of the facility.
- On Tuesday, Feb. 18, from 11 a.m. to noon, “Films from Wintery Picture Books” will be shown at HCL.
- Two classic shows by the Spring Valley Puppet Theater will be featured on Tuesday Feb. 18, from 2 to 2:45 p.m., in the Ossie Davis Theater of the Main Library. In “Three Wishes”, a magical Elf gives Henry and Gretchen three wishes.
- Preschoolers can attend “Films from Funny Picture Books” on Wednesday Feb. 19, from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. in the Ossie Davis Theater of the Main Library.
- Guest artist and former teacher, Robin Miller, will conduct a tour of her exhibit at the Main Library, followed by a workshop on Wednesday Feb. 19, at 1 p.m. in the Meeting Room.
- On Thursday Feb. 20, “Starry, Starry Night” Craft Workshops will take place in the Main Library
- Meeting Room from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., and at HCL’s Lower Level from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- Singer and Songwriter Zev Haber will entertain children ages 3 to 7 years and their parent or caregiver on Friday, Feb. 21, at 11 a.m. in the Main Library’s Ossie Davis Theater. At 2 p.m., comedian Will Shaw will bring hisjuggling, balance tricks, boomerangs, sight gags, clowning and audience participation to families.
- 1 New Rochelle Millennial Runs For Library Trustee Seat
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 3 Man, 34, Is Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 5 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed