NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- The New Rochelle Public Library and the Huguenot Children's Library are offering free programs for children during the February school break.
The free activities are made possible by the Friends of the New Rochelle Public Library and the Partnership for the Huguenot Children’s Library. All of the programs are on a first-come, first-served basis to the capacity of the facility.
- On Tuesday, Feb. 18, from 11 a.m. to noon, “Films from Wintery Picture Books” will be shown at HCL.
- Two classic shows by the Spring Valley Puppet Theater will be featured on Tuesday Feb. 18, from 2 to 2:45 p.m., in the Ossie Davis Theater of the Main Library. In “Three Wishes”, a magical Elf gives Henry and Gretchen three wishes.
- Preschoolers can attend “Films from Funny Picture Books” on Wednesday Feb. 19, from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. in the Ossie Davis Theater of the Main Library.
- Guest artist and former teacher, Robin Miller, will conduct a tour of her exhibit at the Main Library, followed by a workshop on Wednesday Feb. 19, at 1 p.m. in the Meeting Room.
- On Thursday Feb. 20, “Starry, Starry Night” Craft Workshops will take place in the Main Library
- Meeting Room from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., and at HCL’s Lower Level from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- Singer and Songwriter Zev Haber will entertain children ages 3 to 7 years and their parent or caregiver on Friday, Feb. 21, at 11 a.m. in the Main Library’s Ossie Davis Theater. At 2 p.m., comedian Will Shaw will bring hisjuggling, balance tricks, boomerangs, sight gags, clowning and audience participation to families.
- 1 Domestic Violence Charges Against New Rochelle's Ray Rice Dismissed
- 2 Astorino Asks Obama If He 'Wants To Say Hi' To Hillary Clinton During Visit
- 3 New York's Largest-Ever Heroin Seizure Nets Yonkers Suspect
- 4 Yonkers Police Locate Woman In Possible Abduction
- 5 Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Westchester Depositors