NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- The New Rochelle Library will have lots of activities next week planned to entertain young patrons during the school break.
- Tuesday, Feb. 16: 10:30 a.m., craft workshop; 2 p.m., live show: South American Adventure with Animal Embassy.
- Wednesday, Feb. 17: 2 p.m., live show: Chip Bryant the Silent Vaudevillian.
- Thursday, Feb. 18: 11 a.m., cooking workshop -- Remy's Soup; 1:30 p.m., film -- "Ratatouille."
- Friday, Feb. 19: 10:30 a.m., live performance for the younger set --singer, songwriter and entertainer Zev Haber.
- Sunday, Feb. 21, 3 p.m.: "Billy Strayhorn: Lush Life," film and reception. As Duke Ellington's longtime collaborator, Billy Strayhorn penned some of the world's most definitive jazz standards. Nearly half a century after his death, Strayhorn's musical genius remains unrecognized. In the 2007 "Billy Strayhorn: Lush Life" documentary, directed by Robert Levi, the mystery behind the complex life of this pioneering composer, arranger and pianist gets uncovered, bringing his rich legacy to light. Following the film, a reception will feature jazz singer Glenda Davenport and the Hiroshi Yamazaki Trio performing a set of standards, including hits of Strayhorn and Ellington.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.