NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- The New Rochelle Public Library continues its full schedule of free workshops for children and teens.
A rundown of upcoming events is below.
- Monday, Aug. 11: Family Disney Summer Hit Parade: "The Aristocats," 6 p.m. The animated movie features the voices of Phil Harris, Eva Gabor, Scatman Crothers and Sterling Holloway, and runs 78 minutes. Will show in the Ossie Davis Theater.
- Tuesday, Aug. 12, International Music and Dance: Bokandeye African Dance and Drum Troupe, 7-8 p.m. The crowd-pleasing Bokandeye Troupe, directed by Anthony Wooden, closes the 2014 series with African dance to djembe drumming. The cultural traditions of African villages come alive as the troupe’s multigenerational dancers perform in authentic costume. Seating is on a first-come-first-served basis to the capacity of the library’s Ossie Davis Theater. Doors open at 6:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 13: Live Show for the Younger Set: Storyteller Robin Bady will enchant children ages 2-6 with captivating tales of “Going Fishing.” Ossie Davis Theater, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 13: Live Show Dragons & Dreams with Science-tellers, 2-2:45 p.m. With castles, kings, a dragon keeper, an Ice Sorceress, the Horn of Fire, two villagers and a daring journey to save the entire kingdom, elementary school children are invited to enjoy this adventure as they're swept away to a world where dragons are real, dreams come true and only the most daring of people will survive to tell the tale.
The science of fire and ice is revealed through a tale of dragons and dreams, experiments of flash paper, exploding bottles, dry ice and more. Seating is on a first-come-first-served basis to the 138-seat capacity of the Ossie Davis Theater.
A chess program for elementary school children will run every Thursday in the meeting room.
For the full schedule of events, visit www.nrpl.org.
- 1 It's A Girl: Westchester's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth
- 2 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 3 Metro-North Reports Rise In Crime
- 4 CDC Warns Respiratory Virus May Be Linked To Mysterious Paralysis
- 5 New Rochelle Scholars Named National Achievement Semifinalists