NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- The New Rochelle Public Library recently released its upcoming programs schedule.
The library also announced that the Board of Trustees meeting originally scheduled for Thursday, March 13 would be held at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 11 at the Ossie Davis Theater. The New Rochelle Public Library is located at 1 Library Plaza in New Rochelle.
The following is a listing of upcoming programs at the library:
- Family Concert of Celtic Harp Music. 3 p.m. Sunday, March 16. A free family concert of Celtic Harp Music performed by the Westchester Harp Ensemble. The concert will serve as a festive “warm-up” for St. Patrick’s Day, as the 12-person harp ensemble will perform a selection of traditional and enchanting music from Ireland. The Westchester Harp Ensemble, directed by harpist Lois Colin, was founded in 2004 and has performed extensively in Westchester and neighboring communities.
- Women's History Month Special Coffee and Conversation. 9:30 a.m. Friday, March 21. The League of Women Voters’ monthly Coffee and Conversation program will present a special program for Women’s History Month: “Leading Ladies of Westchester.” Complimentary coffee and light breakfast fare will be served before the free program.
- Women's History Month “First Lady of the Yiddish Stage.” Dr. Diane Cypkin performs “A Musical Salute to Molly Picon, Star of the Yiddish Theatre” at 2 p.m. Sunday, March 23. Dr. Cypkin will relate the story of this popular singer, through narration (in English) and the numerous songs Molly Picon sang and often wrote during her many years as an entertainer.
- Women of Note” concert 3 p.m. March 30. Cabaret star Joan Crowe will perform in the Ossie Davis Theater. Directed by Lina Koutrakos, the show features Ms. Crowe on vocals, accompanied by the acclaimed Tedd Firth Trio. The program includes music ranging from Bessie Smith to Bonnie Raitt; from 'Happy Birthday,' by sisters Patty Smith Hill and Mildred Hill, to 'America the Beautiful' by Katherine Lee Bates and 'Battle Hymn of the Republic' by Julia Ward Howe.
- "Life Stories" Memoir Workshop. March 19. “Life Stories, Memories and Sharing,” an eight-week workshop that will allow 12 participants, age 55 years and up, to express their personal stories through writing, performance and a homemade memoir book, will take place at the New Rochelle Public Library beginning in March.
To learn more about these and other programs, residents are asked to visit the New Rochelle Public Library website. http://www.nrpl.org/
- 1 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 2 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 3 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College
- 4 'Out Of The Blue' Wows New Rochelle Commuters With Pop-Up Performance
- 5 Snow Could Return To New Rochelle For Monday Morning Commute