NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- There are a variety of events taking place throughout New Rochelle for Memorial Day weekend.
Here is a rundown:
Sunday, May 25:
Decoration of Graves at Holy Sepulcher, Beechwoods Cemeteries: Begins with a ceremony at the Holy Sepulcher Cemetery. Followed by flag replacement on graves of soldiers and veterans at Beechwoods and Holy Sepulchre Cemeteries. All invited to participate. Begins at 9 a.m.
Monday, May 26:
Memorial Day Parade “We Remember," Memorial Plaza Hudson Park: Event begins with at 10:30 a.m. with a ceremony at Memorial Plaza followed by a parade and procession to Hudson Park via Huguenot Street, North Avenue and Pelham Road for a waterfront ceremony honoring those lost at sea. Parade features NRPD, NRFD, active duty Marines and Sailors from Fleet Week, NRHS and Trinity School bands, schools and civic groups, military from every branch.
Picnic In The Park: Followed by the Waterfront Ceremony.Food from AJ’s Burgers, Pronto Pizza and UVMPA. Live music all afternoon at the Hudson Park Bandshell featuring the USO Liberty Bells and New Rochelle’s own Third Stone band, with emcee Dennis Nardone. See equipment displays; crafts, games and more. Weather permitting, helicopter landing at Hudson Park from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., for public view.
- 1 New Rochelle Police Investigating Overnight Gunshots
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 5 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway