SCARSDALE, N.Y. -- The JCC of Mid-Westchster in Scarsdale has an array of programs for children in its Summer Arts Center (SAC).
Developed for the creative and independent child, who is interested in the arts, SAC provides a non-competitive, nurturing atmosphere in which children are encouraged to explore their creativity.
Registration is underway for camp and courses:
- The SAC Day: Each day begins with an energetic and fun-filled morning assembly, followed by 2 morning classes, lunch and 2 afternoon classes. The day ends with snack and a time to meet up with new and old friends. Instructional and recreational swim are offered.
- SAC Junior (2nd Graders): Participants will travel as a group with counselors. There will be 4 classes daily in theatre, dance, fine art and instruction/free swim or gymnastics.
- All theatre majors will have the opportunity to perform in a musical revue this summer.
- Campers who choose this option will spend most mornings in rehearsal and can choose any SAC classes for the afternoon, including other theatre classes, dance, art, ceramics, swimming, and gymnastics.
The Three Majors:
- Art: Ceramic and painting studios allow for advanced projects in all areas of fine arts. Requirements for art majors include drawing and painting with charcoal, pencil, water color, acrylics and tempera paints; ceramics and craft classes. Among advanced classes are wheel throwing, jewelry making and pop-up cards.
- Dance: Ballet. Requirements for dance majors include classical ballet, tap and jazz. For an appointment for placement, call Jayne Santoro at 472-3300, ext. 320.
- Theatre: Performance component offered to full and half-summer campers. Required classes for theatre majors are musical theatre, acting, improvisation and theatre games. All majors will perform in the summer review.
The JCC Mid-Westchester is located at 999 Wilmot Road, Scarsdale, N.Y.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.