NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- The Boys & Girls Club of New Rochelle’s junior board of directors will conduct a bake sale on Saturday, July 19 to benefit the organization and its S.T.E.A.M. program for kids .
The S.T.E.A.M. Bake Sale will be held on the New Rochelle Farmers Market between the hours of 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. Patrons will enjoy cookies, cakes and assorted baked goods prepared by members of the Club’s junior board of directors, community volunteers and local merchants.
S.T.E.A.M. is a curriculum based on the idea of educating students in five specific disciplines — science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics — in an interdisciplinary and applied approach.
Rather than teach the five disciplines as separate and discrete subjects, S.T.E.A.M. integrates them into a cohesive learning paradigm based on real-world applications.
“I can’t thank the Junior Board of Directors enough for stepping up to support the Club and its kids," said Quay Wallace Watkins, executive director of the Boys & Girls Club of New Rochelle. "Events like the S.T.E.A.M. Bake Sale allow us to raise much needed money in support of our mission and message.”
- 1 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 2 Lyme Disease-Spreading Ticks Arriving Earlier Than Normal, Study Says
- 3 Westchester Communities Rank High Among Nation's Best Suburbs
- 4 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History
- 5 New Rochelle Will See Several Rounds Of Showers, Thunderstorms