NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Jazz pianist Leslie Pintchik will play at New Rochelle's Alvin & Friends on Saturday, Jan. 11.
Pintchik will be performing with bassist Scott Hardy and drummer Michael Sarin in the main dining room of the restaurant, 14 Memorial Highway.
"The New York City-based jazz pianist and composer has an unusual background for a jazz musician: Pintchik taught English literature (as a teaching assistant) at Columbia University, where she also received her [master's degree] in English literature," representatives said. "Pintchik first surfaced on the Manhattan jazz scene in a trio with legendary bassist Red Mitchell at Bradley's. Mitchell chose Leslie -- along with guitarist Scott Hardy -- for the warmth and powerful interplay he heard in their music."
Call 914-654-6549 for reservations or visit the restaurant online.
- 1 New Rochelle Police Investigating Overnight Gunshots
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring