NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Jazz pianist Leslie Pintchik will play at New Rochelle's Alvin & Friends on Saturday, Jan. 11.
Pintchik will be performing with bassist Scott Hardy and drummer Michael Sarin in the main dining room of the restaurant, 14 Memorial Highway.
"The New York City-based jazz pianist and composer has an unusual background for a jazz musician: Pintchik taught English literature (as a teaching assistant) at Columbia University, where she also received her [master's degree] in English literature," representatives said. "Pintchik first surfaced on the Manhattan jazz scene in a trio with legendary bassist Red Mitchell at Bradley's. Mitchell chose Leslie -- along with guitarist Scott Hardy -- for the warmth and powerful interplay he heard in their music."
Call 914-654-6549 for reservations or visit the restaurant online.
- 1 New Rochelle Lockout Lifted As Police Investigate Shots Fired In Area
- 2 State Approves Controversial New Rochelle Group Home
- 3 Female Suspect From Pelham Identified In NJ Bank Theft
- 4 New Rochelle High School Has Two Lockdowns After Reports Of Shots
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola