NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- "My Brother's Keeper," a new independent comedy was filmed recently at the College of New Rochelle.
The movie is about a narcissistic entrepreneur who moves in with his estranged sister’s family and stars Jane Krakowski, of "Ally McBeal" and "30 Rock" fame, Comedy Central’s Nick Kroll, as well as Rose Byrne and Bobby Cannavale.
The Wellness Center’s pool initially drew the production crew to the college because it provided the perfect setting for a scene featuring Krakowski as a swimming instructor.
The College of New Rochelle has the best pool in Westchester,” location manager Michael Hartel said in a statement. ”I know because I searched pools all over Westchester before I was lucky enough to find it through a woman whose son took a life guarding class there. Our director and photography director are thrilled with all the natural light and the rounded walls.”
Additional scenes were filmed in the Sweeney Student Center and in the Wellness Center entrance area. Over the last couple weeks the cast has been shooting in and around New Rochelle near Daisy Farms Drive and Grand Blvd, and will be in the New Rochelle area through early February.
- 1 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 New Rochelle Police Investigating Overnight Gunshots
- 5 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings Off Hutchinson River Parkway