WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here are five of the biggest upcoming events in Westchester County.
1. Hudson Valley Special Olympics Spring Games East at Sleepy Hollow High School on Saturday, May 17 at 8 a.m.
Come out to support and cheer for special needs athletes in the Hudson Valley Special Olympics Spring Games. Volunteer spots are still open. Sign up here. 210 N. Broadway.
2. Yonkers Historical Society’s Annual Spring Flea Market at Sherwood House on Sunday, May 18 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
This flea market supports the Sherwood House, Sherwood House, which is one of the few remaining pre-Revolutionary War tenant farmhouses in the New York Metropolitan area. 340 Tuckahoe Road.
3. Pelham Picture House Presents: The Long Bike Back with post-screening Q&A, Friday, May 16 at 8 p.m.
Pearson Constantino was preparing to fulfill his lifelong dream of bicycling across the United States when he was hit from behind by an SUV. The Long Bike Back follows his recovery and his exciting bike ride across America with his brother Pete advocating for safer roads and reminding people of the joy of riding a bicycle. Q&A with Pearson and director Julia Wrona to follow. $12. 175 Wolfs Lane.
4. Captain Lawrence Brewing Company's Annual Pig Roast in Greenburgh on Sunday, May 17 at noon.
Enjoy live music, delicious food (including three, that's right, three roasted pigs), vendors and games at Captain Lawrence's Annual Pig Roast. $30. 444 Saw Mill River Road.
5. Fox On The Fairway at White Plains Performing Art Center on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, May 16-18 at 8 p.m., 2 p.m.
A tribute from Ken Ludwig (Lend Me A Tenor, Moon Over Buffalo) to the great English farces of the 1930s and 1940s, The Fox On the Fairway takes audiences on a hilarious romp which pulls the rug out from underneath the stuffy denizens of a private country club. $35 adults; $25 for students high school and younger. 11 City Place.
I'm sure we missed some great events. Let us know where you'll be and why.