NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Latin American band Los Hacheros, will perform the Music on the Green Concert on Thursday, July 31, from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., on New Rochelle’s Library Green.
Participants are invited to bring picnics and folding chairs to the free concert, made possible by the New Rochelle Downtown Business Improvement District in cooperation with the New Rochelle Public Library.
Los Hacheros echoes legends such as Ray Barretto, Fania and Arsenio Rodriguez.
Los Hacheros is a band of only five musicians and consists of Eddie Venegas who plays trombone, violin and sings chorus; Itai Kriss, who sings, plays flute, campana and guiro; Hector Papote Jimenez is in charge of lead vocals and congas; William Ash (Alfredo de la Fe, Brenda K Starr) plays the tumbaos on baby bass and Jacob Plasse plays the tres, a guitar-like instrument originating from the Oriente Province in Cuba.
Utilizing this unique instrumentation, Los Hacheros draw on son, charanga and salsa to create a sound distinctly their own.
For more information, call Barbara Davis, 914-632-8254.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 'Black Lives Matter' Group Organizes March On New Rochelle City Hall
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In New Rochelle
- 4 Sen. Latimer's Rye Home Goes Into Foreclosure
- 5 New Rochelle Man, 27, Charged With Assaulting State Trooper