NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Latin American band Los Hacheros, will perform the Music on the Green Concert on Thursday, July 31, from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., on New Rochelle’s Library Green.
Participants are invited to bring picnics and folding chairs to the free concert, made possible by the New Rochelle Downtown Business Improvement District in cooperation with the New Rochelle Public Library.
Los Hacheros echoes legends such as Ray Barretto, Fania and Arsenio Rodriguez.
Los Hacheros is a band of only five musicians and consists of Eddie Venegas who plays trombone, violin and sings chorus; Itai Kriss, who sings, plays flute, campana and guiro; Hector Papote Jimenez is in charge of lead vocals and congas; William Ash (Alfredo de la Fe, Brenda K Starr) plays the tumbaos on baby bass and Jacob Plasse plays the tres, a guitar-like instrument originating from the Oriente Province in Cuba.
Utilizing this unique instrumentation, Los Hacheros draw on son, charanga and salsa to create a sound distinctly their own.
For more information, call Barbara Davis, 914-632-8254.
- 1 Boil Water Advisory In Effect For New Rochelle
- 2 New Rochelle Actor Has Detective Role In NBC Series 'Aquarius'
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says